Monday 17 March 2008

Took the Plunge

So over the weekend I took the plunge and joined Etsy. After much umming and ahhing I decided that one more venue isn’t going to hurt, and with the insertion fees being so low and lasting 4 months at a time it can’t hurt to try. If you want to have a look at my Etsy shop then please follow the link on the right, and don’t forget to heart me if you’re on Etsy too.



Now this latest pendant is one that I’ve been working on for a bit, not that it took me ages but I was waiting to find the right stones, and then find the time to sit and do them. I found these delightful little garnets at B-for-Beads. They are just too cute and I love the colour, much better than the virtually black garnet you can get. Then yesterday while I was soldering some more hearts out popped these little matching earrings!

Now this idea has got my head all in a spin with all the other things I could do with it. I have a nice idea that’s quite a biggy (for me) but will keep it a secret until it comes to life.

Catch you laters

7 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Oh, these are lovely Nicky! The garnets are beautiful.

Good luck with your Etsy venture!

Laura x

Nicky Ryan said...

Thanks Laura, im really in love with this too!

Ali P said...

Hi Nicky,
I've just looked at your blog for the first time today, and I think your jewellery is really lovely.
I make jewellery too, and I've just started my own website and blog - 'All About the Beads' - (first post yesterday), if it's OK with you I'd like to add your link to my site(www.alisonperryjewellery.blogspot.com)
Ali P

Jo said...

Lovely! And I can testify that the pendant looks even better in real life!
So Nicky, is it safe to say that you're addicted to wire wrapping?!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Etsy! Those hearts are great, such neat wrapping! Be good if they could go in the web gallery on BfB. ;)

Alison's Bakery said...

Hiya Nicky,

Love those hearts and your wire wrapping is amazing. Off to look at B-for-Beads now, cos those garnets are lush. Can I link to your blog please. Have fun on your course.

Julie aka Lush! said...

Wow, Nicky, wow wow wow, your jewellery is beautiful!