Monday 25 August 2008

In the background

I spent the most of today playing around with the background that I take my pictures on. Ive been meaning to do it for ages but its just one of those things that keep getting put to one side.

While I was at Hobby Craft buying some new daylight lamps I stubbled upon these cute little wooden boxes and thought they might make good props for photos and seeing as one was shaped like a treasure chest I couldn't resist.

I gave them a coat of wax stain while sitting in my back garden this afternoon and then spent the rest of the day taking photos with my new lights.

SO, here are the results, what do you think ?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! That adds variety. I like the closed box best. (Do I detect some Laura beads in the bottom bracelet?) I also still like your stone background - i think that's my favorite.

Nicky Ryan said...

Thanks Jenn, yep they are Lauras beads in the bracelet. Im liking the variety too, its seems to add a bit of depth and warmth to the pictures that i wasnt getting from the stone.

Kebo Jewellery said...

Wow, they are amazingly clear photos...wish I could get that with my massive daylight lamps...hmmm, off to see if doing something wrong hee hee hee!!

I love those cufflinks too!!

Laura Sparling said...

I think they look fan-flipping-tastic! Really different and the boxes show the jewellery off beautifully. :o)