Saturday 9 February 2008

Pulling at strings

Yep, that’s what I’m doing for today’s post, pulling at strings. So don’t read on if you’re easily bored.

Last night’s Guitar Heroes session ended up finishing in the wee hours of this morning, I’m sooo naughty but it’s very addictive. It’s just as well it’s on loan to me and I haven’t actually bought it. At one point I was actually sitting there thinking, "ummm I’m quite good at this, maybe I could play a real guitar", yes Nicky, like hitting a few buttons and strumming a bit of plastic is anything like playing a real guitar!

At 6am this morning though, I was wishing I hadn’t stayed up so late. The "little one" has worked out that he can jump out of his cot, that’s fine I thought, if he gets out, the stair gate is across his door and he can play with some of his toys until he starts shouting for me to get up. What I hadn’t banked on was the little monkey pulling his toy box across his door and using it as a giant step enabling him to fling himself over his stair gate and coming into me at said 6am demanding to go down stairs and play.

By the time I got to work (my real life, pay the bills job) I was shattered, having only had 4 and a half hours sleep. Lots of coffee was required to get me through the 8 hours that followed.

So there ends my rather uneventful day, I’m just about to sit down and watch some telly with my hubby - Saturday night telly is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me as I don’t tend to watch any during the week.

And just to give you some eye candy, the commissioned "Man Bracelet" I told you about in an earlier post, complete with its Liver of Sulphur jacket.

No comments: